ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR THE Best Roofing Contractor in Tampa, FL?
Here at SouthShore Roofing & Exteriors, we visit dozens of prospective clients on a weekly basis, for a variety of roofing services. In most instances, the homeowners we are visiting have received estimates from a few different roofing companies. The one question we get asked the most in “How do we know you’re the best roofing contractor in Tampa to handle our project?” When answering this question, there are a couple effective means to finding companies, then a few things to consider once you narrow the list down.
- Ask a Friend or Family Member – Word of mouth is just as important today, as it was fifty years ago. We value and trust the opinions of our family and friends. One of the most effective ways to hire a roofing contractor, is to ask someone close to you who they have used in the past. This will give you a good idea of what roofer to choose, or not choose. One way that we find effective is to go to your social media page and click “Get recommendations” and check out what your followers have to say about local roofing companies!
- A second option is to go to your preferred search engine and type in “Best Roofing Contractors in Tampa” This will yield many results. When looking at the search engine result page, consider the following:
- Everything above the map section, is a paid form of advertising. This does not mean that the contractors at the top of the page are the best, or not the best roofers; It simply means that they paid to have their ad positioned in front of people searching that key-phrase.
- Beneath the paid ads section, you have the map section. The main reason roofing companies will be positioned here is due to proximity to where you are searching. If there is a roofing contractor that is three buildings away from where you are searching for roofing services, there is a good likelihood that their business will appear here. In some instances, the first company to be listed, may be a paid ad as well. You can check this by clicking the map results, viewing the itemized list of all the contractors in the map section. If it is a paid ad, it will be identified by a small green box that says “Ad” in the upper left-hand corner of the listing.
- Beneath the map section, is the organic section. This means people are not paying the search engines directly to position their websites here. If a company has a strong organic presence, that is usually a good indicator that they are worth considering.
Now That You Have Found a Few Local Roofing Companies to Choose From, What Do You Do Now?
1) Verify Licenses & Insurances – First, you will want to verify their roofing license. Then verify that the license is for the company providing the estimate and doing installing the roof. Make sure the roofing contractor has a worker’s comp policy* - Many contractors have what is called an exemption card. The premise is that if they are sub-contracting roofing projects, that the crews that are fulfilling the work, will have a policy. Many times, this is not the case, and could leave you vulnerable as the homeowner, should something happen on the job site.
2) Second, make sure there are no complaints against the company with the state. You can verify this information http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/
3) Check Reviews! This is incredibly important, as building a strong, positive reputation is not something that happens overnight. We have heard horror stories about people asking local community groups on social media who to use for their roofing project. If you blindly take recommendations from strangers, you may be setting yourself up for a bad experience. While taking to these groups may not be a bad idea, always cross-reference the recommended roofing companies with their reviews! You can check out SouthShore Roofing & Exterior’s Reviews here: Click Here For Google Reviews Click Here For Facebook Reviews!